Sunday 21 February 2016

Six Sigma Project - Measure Phase

Measure Phase

In Define Phase where I used VSM map to show the current design and manufacture process and a Fish Bone Diagram to highlight the areas within the process which can be improved.

In the measure phase I gathered data from the company’s job management software for a number of recently completed jobs. The operator scans the bar code on the job card which matches to process he/she is carrying out on the job. The software gave me accurate data regarding the hours of each process used on the job.

I was able to retrieve the operation hours for each job through creating a job analysis report using the job management software.


I used a column chart to plot the average hours of each operation over a number of completed jobs. The column chart showed the average hours of the operations used throughout the design and manufacture process.



I also used the job management software to retrieve the data for duration of a number of completed projects, I have plotted these on a line graph which shows the variations in lead times and the average lead-time. 






No comments:

Post a Comment